Kids need yoga and mindfulness now more than ever! If you are a busy teacher, therapist, or parent and are looking to add in quick bouts of 10 minute yoga for kids in your classroom, check out CLASSROOM YOGA IN 10 MINUTES A DAY!
Written by certified yoga instructor, Giselle Shardlow, this 134 page PDF digital yoga and mindfulness workbook is a wonderful resource to easily integrate these much-needed practices into your classroom – whether it’s in-person, virtually, or a hybrid of both. And, to do so within just 10 minutes a day!
The 134 page PDF digital document will be available electronically immediately following payment.
What is Included in the 10 Minute Yoga for Kids in the Classroom PDF?
The ready-to-use workbook contains everything you need to do yoga in just 10 minutes a day for 16 weeks of the school year. It’s super easy to use. Just download, print, and play! And if you’re teaching virtually, you can easily share it online with your students and families!
10 Minute Yoga for Kids in the Classroom can help to:
- Provide you with a simple go-to resource that will help address… children’s social-emotional wellbeing!
- Ensure you have a regular tool each day to help your students breathe, calm down, and self-regulate… even when schedules are packed and unpredictable or learning is partially/fully at a distance.
- Teach children simple self-regulation and resiliency skills daily that you can easily incorporate into any classroom… without having to plan, think about it, or find new resources.
- Help children regulate their bodies and emotions… that way, they can manage the ups and downs that come with changes in the classroom, an unusual start to the school year, and the potential lack of a regular school routine.
- Provide fun, active indoor and outdoor activities that will keep your kids moving and having fun… even if they’re asked to keep their distance from one another or you have limited space.
- Introduce movement activities in a fun, simple, and light-hearted way in the classroom … to get their wiggles out and help them focus on the next task at hand.
- Encourage healthy interactions and connections between children through group activities… even if children are asked to keep their distance from one another.
You will receive specific activities for each day of the week, themed under:
- Mindful Mondays: to get grounded for the week ahead through breathing and meditation techniques that teach kids how to be in the present moment
- Twisty Tuesdays: to become more body aware by trying new exercises and yoga poses that allow for exploration and promote positivity
- Wind-Down Wednesdays: to practice calming techniques that promote self-regulation and focus through age-appropriate mindfulness activities
- Theme Thursdays: to move, stretch, and challenge young bodies by practicing yoga poses based on fun and engaging themes
- Fun Fridays: to have fun and connect with one another through yoga games and partner yoga (when possible)
Use these 10 minute yoga for kids in the classsrom activities as a springboard. Feel free to add other age-appropriate theme-related yoga poses, songs, breathing techniques, relaxation stories, meditations, art projects, and field trips.
Classroom Yoga in 10 Minutes a Day Includes:
- Daily 10-minute yoga and mindfulness activity
- 16 weeks of themes to explore and discuss
- Colorful resources to print off or share virtually
- Detailed instructions and helpful tips to best bring this resource to your students
- 134 colorful pages to explore
Take a Peek Inside the Book with this Video
This resource is intended for children in preschool through elementary, but it can be adapted for other age groups.
More Resources by Giselle Shardlow