- 26 full-size animal action posters (8.5 x 11″) for each letter of the alphabet
- 26 small cards (3″ x 4″).
- Move, Roll and Cover Math Game – roll the dice, add up the sum, find the animal, move like the animal and cover up the number.
- Move and Write the Room activity – hang up the animal action posters around the room. Give the child the recording form. The child finds the animal poster, moves like the animal and writes down the animal’s name.
- Exercise, Exercise, Exchange – great group activity. Give each child a small card. Everyone finds a partner, exercises and exchanges cards.
- 26 Freeze Dance Cards – Turn on some music and the children move around the room. Pause the music and pick an animal card. The child freezes in a position like the animal pictured. Repeat.
Download a free game, Move, Roll and Cover from the Animal Actions A- Z Packet.
Children will be moving while learning with these activities. This is also a great activity to give to teachers and parents. This activity encourages proprioceptive input, gross motor skills, brain breaks, physical activity, handwriting practice and math skills.