Are you looking for a fun, novel handwriting game for occupational therapy? What Did You Catch? is an interactive handwriting, keyboarding or drawing game that is perfect for distance learning, teletherapy, or in person activity. The game is provided in Google Slides version, Powerpoint, AND print PDF edition.
The files will be delivered electronically immediately following payment.
How Do You Play What Did You Catch – The Fun Handwriting Game for Occupational Therapy?
- Decide if you want to play the interactive version on the computer or the print the PDF version.
- Start with the Fish Finger Warms Ups. Player one fishes for a secret word and writes, types or draws other words or simple phrases as clues for player two to guess the secret word. Player two writes, types or draws his/her guesses to find the secret word.
- Students practice handwriting, keyboarding or drawing while playing a FUN game!
Benefits of the Playing What Did You Catch:
Students will practice handwriting, keyboarding, drawing, critical thinking and problem solving with this fun game!
How to Use the Handwriting Game for Occupational Therapy for Telehealth?
There are three different ways to use this game.
- Send the student the PDF file and print the recording pages and the cut out the fish. The student picks a fish and writes one clue on the recording page. Then the student holds up the recording page to the webcam so you can read their clue. You make a guess. If you are wrong the student write a second clue and holds it up to the webcam. You guess again. Continue playing the game until the word is guessed correctly.
- If using Google Slides version for distance learning and keyboarding skills, share the link with both players so they can edit the file in real time.
- If using the Powerpoint version for distance learning and keyboarding or drawing, screenshare the game and give the other player control of your mouse or send the file to the student and they can screen share it with you.
More Handwriting Games