Typical Classroom Sensory-Based Problem Behaviors & Suggested Therapeutic Interventions digital download includes suggested therapeutic interventions based on 12 different problem behavior categories.
E-Book: 42 pages
Shipping: FREE – once payment is made you will receive an email with a link to download the book. You will need Adobe Reader to open the book.
Summary: This book offers many suggestions for therapeutic interventions for 12 different problem behavior categories.
The classroom sensory based problem behaviors include the following:
- Sitting/Poor Work Tolerance
- Vision/Attention Related
- Oral/Facial Related
- Visual Sensitivities
- Tactile/Proprioceptive/Personal Space Issues
- Self-Injurious Behaviors
- Gut Reactions Due to Perceived Stress/Anxiety
- Difficulty Staying with the Group
- Delayed Immature/Inefficient Grasp Pattern
- Visual/Proprioceptive Sensory Seeking Wrist/ Hands
- Difficulty with Positioning/ Lower Extremity Awareness
- Oral Motor/ Self-Feeding Issues
Under each problem behavior category the book lists:
- what the child may be displaying
- possible underlying causes
- sensory strategy solutions
Read more about the author: Ileana S. McCaigue OTR/L, IMC
This book compliments The Scale of Sensory Strategies (S.O.S.S.) Tool Kit™
Remember this is an electronic book in pdf format. Following payment you will receive a link to download the book.
Use of equipment listed and the sensory strategies suggested should be done only under the supervision of a trained therapist or other provider that has been trained by the primary therapist.
Ileana S. McCaigue OTR/L is also the author of Autism Sleeps™, and Taming Idiopathic Toe Walking: A Treatment Guide for Parents and Therapists. She has also created software, the Scale of Sensory Strategies (S.O.S.S.) Tool Kit™, for data collection regarding sensory strategies.
Check out theSensory Strategies for the Classroom Bundle. It includes 9 digital downloads to help students to be ready to learn or participate in functional tasks.