Unique Movement Oriented Games to Develop Body Scheme – Activities for the Classroom, Clinic, and Home
Unique Movement Oriented Games to Develop Body Scheme – Activities for the Classroom, Clinic, and Home is a fun and creative resource written by Mary Moynihan OTR/L that facilitates children to develop a mature body scheme.
Do you work with children who have difficulty with developing a mature body scheme? This skill is essential for understanding the concepts of laterality and directionality, bilateral motor coordination, motor planning and visual-spatial skills, including reversals. By participating in these unique gross motor activities, which are portable and easy to set up in a small area, therapists, teachers, and parents can help children have fun, while also improving their motor skills.
Details: 81 page PDF digital document delivered electronically immediately following payment
Unique Movement Oriented Games to Develop Body Scheme – Activities for the Classroom, Clinic, and Home includes instructions, a list of targeted skills, pictures, and cue cards for each of the therapeutic activities. Suggestions are provided on how these activities can be adapted for various developmental levels. The games can be left in the classroom and played as a sensory break, or an inclusive recess activity with peers. The activities can also be adapted to target core curriculum.
This 81 page PDF digital document includes 5 different games and activities to print and play:
- Dance Moves is a fun rhythm oriented way for a child to develop motor planning skills, and bilateral motor coordination while practicing laterality.
- Toe Typing is a creative movement game for children to practice balance, body scheme, academic skills and more!
- Bunny Hop is an engaging way for children to practice skills such as balance, motor planning, sequencing, and right-left discrimination.
- Treasure Map is a fun movement oriented activity that teaches children the concepts of laterality and directionality, as well as spatial relationships and position in space.
- Street Smarts is an imaginative way to help children learn laterality and directionality skills.
Remember, this is a digital document and it will be available electronically immediately following payment.
Unique Movement Oriented Games to Develop Body Scheme is included in the Body Awareness Bundle!