Butterfly Gross Motor Activities for Preschoolers and Up
Are you looking for butterfly gross motor activities for preschoolers and older? This one page ZERO PREP activity has you covered. It will also work on motor planning, coordination, balance, and even fine motor skills too! You can download this freebie at the bottom of the post.
It is a great butterfly brain break for preschoolers, kindergarten students, and elementary school kids too!
How Does the Butterfly Gross Motor Activities for Preschoolers and Up Printable Work?
All you need to do is follow these three steps to access the butterfly brain break for preschoolers, elementary students, and homeschoolers.
- Sign up to receive the weekly email newsletters and announcements from Your Therapy Source.
- You will be redirected to download the PDF format file of the Butterfly Gross Motor Activities.
- Grab crayons or watercolors and start the butterfly brain break!
The directions include the following exercises. When you are done (or before) color in the beautiful butterfly.
- Stand on one foot like the picture of the butterfly girl balance for 10 seconds. Repeat on the other foot for 10 seconds.
- Stand up tall with your feet together. Pretend to have butterfly wings and flap your arms slowly for a count of 20. Flap your arms quickly for a count of 20.
- Butterfly wings are symmetrical (exactly the same on both sides). Move both sides of your body exactly the same. For example, bend your right arm and bend your left knee. Wiggle your left arm and wiggle your right leg.
Bug Activities for Preschoolers and Up
WHAT SKILLS ARE KIDS WORKING ON WHEN THEY COMPLETE THE BUTTERFLY BRAIN BREAK?
This Butterfly Gross Motor Activities for Preschoolers and Up printable works on the following skills:
- Following directions
- gross motor skills
- fine motor skills
- motor planning
- body awareness
WHEN IS A GOOD TIME TO USE THE GROSS MOTOR ACTIVITIES FOR PRESCHOOLERS AND UP PRINTABLE?
These activities are fun for kids any time of the year but this one is particularly nice for Spring time. Here are some suggestions of when to complete the packet:
- butterfly brain break
- incorporating movement and learning with any butterfly theme
- indoor recess during the rainy weather
- Spring time fine motor station to color the activity and complete the exercises.
NEED MORE SPRING TIME IDEAS?
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE BUTTERFLY BRAIN BREAK HERE
Thank you for your interest. Sign up to receive the weekly email newsletter and other announcements from Your Therapy Source. You will be redirected to the freebie. If you can not see the sign up box, click on the blue box in the lower right hand corner for help.