Looking for a creative way to practice scissor skills while learning about emotions? This 68 page color Emotion Activities – Cutting with Scissors was created by Regina Parsons-Allen, a pediatric certified Occupational Therapy Assistant to help your students practice scissor skills and to identify emotions.
The 68 page PDF digital document will be available electronically immediately following payment.
How Does the Emotion Activities – Cutting with Scissors Work?
- Download and choose an emotion puzzle to print.
- Provide the children with puzzle page and scissors. Review the emotion.
- Children can cut up the puzzle and put it back together again.
What Skills Does the Emotion Activities – Cutting with Scissors PDF Packet Work On?
Your students will work on the following skills:
- scissor skills
- identifying emotions
- visual spatial skills
- visual discrimination skills
What is Included?
This puzzle packet includes these 20 emotions: Bored, Confident, Confused, Curious, Disappointed, Embarrassed, Excited, Frustrated, Grateful, Grumpy, Happy, Mad, Proud, Sad, Scared, Shy, Silly, Surprised, Tired, and Worried.
The Emotion Activities – Cutting with Scissors has four different levels of difficulty (all cutting lines are straight):
- 20 full page nine to ten piece puzzles
- 20 4″ by 5″ small puzzles to cut and assemble
- 20 ten piece strip puzzles
- 20 five piece strip puzzles
More Resources Created by Regina Parsons-Allen, COTA: