Prewriting Game Boards digital download includes 12 no-prep game boards to print and play to encourage prewriting skills through the year. Also includes BONUS 6 pages of prewriting shapes to trace.
If your students are tired of routine prewriting practice, add these FUN games to your toolkit. Children will be engaged while improving their skills at the same time!
This packet was created by Regina Parsons-Allen, a pediatric certified Occupational Therapy Assistant.
The 21 page PDF digital document will be delivered electronically immediately following payment.
How the Prewriting Game Boards Work:
- Immediately download the 21 page PDF document that includes 12 game boards, materials list, directions and the tracing worksheets.
- Print and play games.
- Help children practice prewriting skills, turn taking, counting and more while playing FUN games!
How to Play the Prewriting Games:
You will need some of these easy to find items: Board game markers or tokens such as foam shapes, mini erasers, coins, etc., and a die or pieces of paper cut into squares with numbers written on them to create paper dice.
You will also need a prewriting tool of choice which could include one or a variety of the following: fingertip drawing in rice or potato flakes, fingertip drawing on gel or dish detergent baggie, a small drawing tool and paper, or use of sticky sticks or play dough to create the shapes.
To play the Prewriting game:
- The child rolls a die and moves their marker that number of spaces.
- Draw or trace the shape that is on the space they land on.
- Optional: Have child roll the die a second time to determine how many times to complete the prewriting shape.
Check out these Game Boards too!
More Prewriting Resources: