Flip and Snip Scissor Practice Game
Flip and Snip scissor game is a fun and creative way to practice scissor skills. Add some variety to simple cutting skills with this differentiated scissor game. This 14 page, black and white, PDF document is delivered electronically immediately following payment. You can print it on white paper, colored paper or cardstock paper (cardstock may be easier for children just learning how to cut).
Here is how to play Flip and Snip:
1. Grab a coin or make the one-inch wooden coin using the template in the download.
2. Decide which Snip page you want to use: wigs, princess dress or ice cream scoops and what degree of difficulty: straight lines (the easiest), curved, wavy and zig-zag (most difficult). Print the page and cut apart the four options per page.
3. Give each player one long strip and a pair of scissors.
4. When it is your turn, flip the coin. If the coin lands on heads or one scissor, cut off one level of wig, dress or ice cream scoop. If the coin lands on tails or two scissors, cut off two levels.
5. The winner is the first person who cuts off all the levels leaving only the black wig, polka dot dress layer or black ice cream scoop.
Click Add to Cart to purchase the digital download of Flip and Snip.
Check out more FUN simple scissor activities:
Color, Cut, and Glue: includes 55 black and white printable activity pages encourage children to practice coloring, cutting out simple shapes, planning out where to glue the pieces (the trickiest part) and then glue the shapes together to create seasonal pictures, animals, food, houses, fairytales and more!
Step By Step Circle Animals: digital download includes 12 projects to practice coloring, cutting and pasting skills. Each project page is in black and white. The animals are created from one large circle and other curved shapes. This is a great, NO PREP, activity to practice step by step skills and scissor skills. The Step By Step Circle Animal Projects includes the following animals: fox, pig, hedgehog, zebra, bird, goat, chick, bull, snake, whale, ladybug and tiger.
Hair Cutting Sticks: are simple cutting projects so children can have fun while practicing scissor skills! This download includes 35 “hair cutting” sticks to create (4-6 hair cutting image per page). Just print out the black and white pages, color and style the hair using scissors. Toss on a craft stick and create a puppet show too!