Are you working on teaching capital letter formation to your students? This digital packet, Letter Mats for Multisensory Learning, will provide a hands-on approach that is perfect for kinesthetic learners. Created by Anna Long-Slade, OTR, this 119 page PDF packet will be available electronically immediately following payment.
How to Use the Letter Mats for Multisensory Learning
Download and print the pages that you want to work on with your students. The capital letter order follows the teaching order recommended by Handwriting Without Tears®: Frog Jump Capitals – Starting Corner Capitals – Center Starting Capitals.
★ Laminate or place in sheet protectors for durability.
★ Have 2 pipe cleaners, scissors and 1 tub of theraputty or dough available.
★ Use each page to teach and reinforce letter formation, where the letter is in the alphabet (every page has the full alphabet strip and ASL alphabet for easy access to teach where the letter is in the context of the full alphabet).
★ 4 pages are available for each letter – the alphabet is at the top of each page along with the sign language letter
○ Pipe cleaner preparation page (visual of individual pieces needed for the letter)
○ Pipe cleaner completed page (visual of how the pieces fit together to make the letter)
○ Theraputty preparation page (visual of individual pieces needed for the letter)
○ Theraputty completed page (visual of how the pieces fit together to make the letter)
What Skills Are Children Practicing When They Use the Letter Mats?
- Visual-spatial skills
- Fine motor control – dexterity
- In hand manipulation skills
- Bilateral coordination
- Letter Formation
- Letter Recognition
This product is intended for use as a single license: for use by a single teacher, therapist or parent with their own students.
More Helpful Resources Created by the GEO-OT: