Montessori pin poking is a popular activity to increase focus, concentration, and fine motor skills in children. This Year of Push Pin Games transforms the fun of pin poking into games and adds turn taking. This 15 page PDF digital file was created by Cait Bowen, COTA and will be available electronically immediately following payment.
How to Play the Montessori Pin Poking Game:
1. Print the game you want to play and put it on a cork board, foam or heavy cardboard.
2. Roll a die and put in that number of push pins.
3. First player to the end is the winner!
The Year of Push Pin Games encourages:
– fine motor skills
– self-regulation (waiting your turn)
– visual motor skills
– eye hand coordination skills
– finger strengthening
The Montessori pin poking game packet includes the following 12 games: Back to School, Apples, Halloween, Turkey Trot, Santa’s Reindeer race, Winter, Valentines, Over the Rainbow, Bunny Hop, Ready Set Grow, Beach and Olympics.
More fine motor activities: