Enjoy fun video classes, effective self-regulation techniques, and innovative lesson plan themes with 200+ activities. Use the Movement and Mindfulness curriculum parts as you wish, or implement weekly per the lesson plans to fulfill early learning framework and common core standards for movement, creative arts, and social-emotional learning.
The Movement & Mindfulness Curriculum integrates stories, exercise & self-regulation to improve fitness, attention, early literacy, direction following, learning readiness, self-control, and responsible behavior. You can implement as is or integrate its variety of components and activities into your existing schedule!
Lesson Plans support all intelligences, fulfill standards, and profoundly engage children. Activities are easy to implement and build physical fitness, teach health and self-regulation skills, and empower children to manage their stress, understand their emotions, make thoughtful behavior choices, and be more resilient.
Read what Sue Guertin, K-G1 teacher & OT, MA says about the curriculum: The teachers and I are so excited about the results we are seeing using this curriculum. Students are excited, attentive, and cooperative as well as already showing an understanding of how to apply the Adventure skills in the classroom.
1. 30 Weekly Lesson Plans include over 200 activities in the categories listed:
You receive ZIP file for the binder content with 15 Sections in PDF format!
- Stories in Motion
- Empower Me! SEL reinforcement
- Take It Outside
- Cooperative Games
- Mindfulness Activities
- Move to the Music
2. 9 Yoga/Movement Story Video Classes:
You receive 9 Mp4 files – one download for each video movement story by title!
- Body Series (3 Mp4 files) – # 1 Magic Scooter, #2 Monkeying at the Zoo, #3 Possum’s Tail
- Mind Series (3 Mp4 files) – #4 Lost & Found in Africa, #5 Robot Makes Friend on Moon, #6 Set Sail
- Heart Series (3 Mp4 files) – #7 Tortoise, Hare, Dragon, #8 Coral Reef, #9 Beautiful Dream
3. 16 Adventure Skill Flash Cards and 1 Adventure Skills Poster
You receive 1 PDF file with all 16 cards. Best to print on card stock and use! Also includes black and white flash cards.
4. Feelin’ Free MP3 file by Eve Kodiak
The Movement and Mindfulness Curriculum uses music that is not included in this download. You will need to go to The Learning Station requires to download the music directly from their website.
- Literacy in Motion CD Download must be purchased directly from The Learning Station
- Brain Boogie Boosters CD Download must be purchased directly from The Learning Station
Participation in the Movement and Mindfulness Curriculum improves:
- Focus and Concentration
- Strength, Flexibility, and Balance
- Coordination and Confidence
- Direction Following and Early Literacy
- Self-Awareness and Self-Control
- Self-Care and Self-Regulation
- Resilience and Empathy
More Movement and Mindfulness resources: