Created by school-based Occupational Therapist, Thia Triggs, this Preschool Handwriting digital download has been updated and is packed full of developmentally appropriate learning opportunities!
- Capital Letters are made from Pencil -lines, and Pizza -curves. Pizzas and pencils make learning to print FUN!
- One Capital Letter per page – so you can use these with your letter of the week curriculum.
- Optional page to use as a ‘Pencil & Pizza’ cover page with your student’s’ name, or as a certificate of completion.
- Preschool Teaching Guide
- Path of Movement Language
- Both Handwriting Without Tears & Zaner-Bloser letter “Y” styles are included
- Gray-Boxes and Go-Dots give young children the visual and spatial cues they need to be successful with their first writing attempts and while they begin to develop motor habits.
DETAILS: 35 page PDF Preschool Handwriting digital document. This product will be delivered digitally immediately following payment.
Preschool children love to learn to identify and write capital letters. Once they can TRACE and IMITATE simple lines they will LOVE learning to write CAPITAL letters. MRI brain studies show that these early letter-writing attempts strengthen letter recognition and reading. Pencils and pizzas are familiar objects that kids have fun tracing and will help them to learn to form lines and curves needed for all capital letters. These sheets will help them learn conventional letter formations and to acquire an essential life-long legibility skill of starting their letters at the top!
If you are concerned about children switching to lowercase as they get older, rest easy. If children receive good explicit instruction for lowercase formations when they are developmentally ready, they naturally want to use more grown-up printing.
We start name writing experiences with capitals first, because preschool-aged children already understand lines and curves, Pencils are lines, and Pizzas are curves. Even 4-year-olds are ready to learn critical rules for lifelong legibility such as starting and the top, by touching the Go-dots and to go in the correct direction by following the arrow.
PRODUCT REVIEWS FOR THE PRESCHOOL HANDWRITING PACKET:
- Nice big, bold, clear letters for early learners. Like the gray boxes to help prevent reversals. Fits in well with HWT.
- Great graphics that fit nicely with the HWT curriculum.
- Perfect for using with some of my early childhood students.
Get discount pricing when you order the Handwriting MegaBundle (which includes the Preschool Handwriting packet) created by Thia Triggs, OTR.