Created by Occupational Therapists Brooke Weber, this Winter and Holiday packet will add fun and motor skill practice for your students! This no-prep packet is ready to go for children age 5 and up.
The 10 page PDF will be delivered electronically immediately following payment.
What is Included in the Winter and Holiday Packet?
This packet includes 6 different activities to encourage fine motor, visual motor, and gross motor skills:
1. Winter Workout Prompt Cards – Print and cut out the cards. Recommended to laminate for durability. Each card includes a “fun fact” to work on working memory and peer interaction for additional skill development.
2. Winter Pencil Challenge – Print out one form per player. Use a pencil or colored pencils. Players can use multiple colors to see which trial was the most accurate.
3. Marshmallow Mayhem Craftivity – Print out the worksheet. Requires coloring utensils, scissors, and a “flicker” (pencil, straw, stick). Recommend tape to hold down mug on the table during flicking game. The child can use their own mug or share mugs for the game.
4. Snowman Motor Challenge – Print sheet and either laminate or put in protective covering. Requires 9-10 mini marshmallows; however, the activity could be completed with another small, stackable item.
5. It’s Ornamental, My Dear – This can be played with a group using one sheet, or have each player use their own sheet. Requires dice and pencil. Activity can be graded up or down depending on the child’s skill level. For example, ornaments could be completed by drawing parallel lines inside the border or increasing the number of concentric circles to six!
6. Delivery! – Print out the template on blank or colored paper. Requires pencil, scissors, and tape/sticker to seal the envelope. Alternatively, children can also write on lined paper and insert it into envelope. Once they are done, children can deliver their letters by incorporating it into an obstacle course or involving gross motor exercises!
The Winter and Holiday Packet Addresses the Following Skills:
• Fine motor precision and dexterity
• In-hand manipulation
• Visual-motor skills (scissor skills, drawing, coloring, handwriting)
• Body awareness and force grading
• Bilateral coordination
• Working memory and direction following