,

Distance Learning Planning Sheet for Therapists, Teachers and School Staff

If your school is starting distance learning, this planning sheet for therapists, teachers and school staff will come in handy. You can download the distance learning planning sheet at the bottom of this post

If your school is starting distance learning, this planning sheet for therapists, teachers and school staff will come in handy. You can download the distance learning planning sheet at the bottom of this post for free in Word (so you can edit it) and PDF.

Distance Learning Planning Sheet – Things to Consider

Of course, this is just a template therefore it is provided in Word so you can edit it to suit your needs. All schools have different approaches and students have individual learning needs. This planning sheet can be used as a starting point.

Step 1: What services/activities will be provided for this session?

Distance learning services can be provided in many different ways. It is important to remember that not all students will have access to technology, the internet, or unlimited data. By providing a variety of options, all students can learn.

Here are some examples of services or activities that can be provided:

• Printable packets sent home
  • Digital classroom
  • Email information
  • Recorded video
  • Content specific apps
  • Internet resources
  • Phone calls or audio conferences
  • Live video or teletherapy
  • and more!

Step 2: List Materials

Write a short list of what materials the parents will need to have on hand for your lesson. It is very helpful if everything is ready to go especially if you have a schedule, live, online session. Also, it prepares parents to have any worksheets or printables at their fingertips.

Step 3: Describe Where The Students Should Set Up for the Distance Learning Session

Take some time to think about and describe where the session should occur. Do you need the student at a desk so they can write responses? Do you need the student to have space so they can complete specific exercises? Do you need a parent to video what the student is doing so you can provide feedback?

If you will be doing a live, interactive session, make sure the student has good lighting if possible.

Step 4: How Will You Provide Feedback?

When offering distance learning in any format, consider how you will provide feedback. Will you provide live, immediate feedback, verbal feedback through a phone call after the session, visual feedback through video demonstration or visual supports? These are just a few suggestions of how feedback can be provided.

Step 5: How Will Your Monitor Progress Towards the Learning Targets?

During distance learning, it will still be important to monitor progress so students can progress through different skills. You can use data collection, rubrics, goal attainment scales, software, student generated data and more.

Step 6: Follow Up Information for Distance Learning Session

How will you follow up after you provide a distance learning session? Let the parents know if you will be calling, providing new packets, scheduling new appointments, home exercise programs, homework, etc.

Download your FREE Distance Learning Planning Sheet

Sign up to receive the weekly email newsletter and other announcements from Your Therapy Source. You will be redirected to the link with the WORD document (so you can edit it) and the PDF document. BONUS 3/31/20: OTKat from Kat’s OT Cottage provided a modified Distance Learning Planning Sheet that is geared towards OT. You can download the WORD version below of that too!

More information on distance learning and children with disabilities can be found here.