The INTERACTIVE Distance Learning/Telehealth: Capital Formations with Lines & Curves #2 drag-and-drop activity uses lines and curves to build letter identification and formation skills.
Created by school-based Occupational Therapist Thia Triggs, the instructional components provide a progressive scaffolding of challenges to build confidence and a strong visual memory of capital letters.
The PowerPoint slides will be delivered electronically immediately following payment and can be used during your virtual therapy session or by students working independently.
The Capital Formation with Lines and Curves #2 provides further drag-and-drop activities (beyond the Capital Letter Formation #1) providing a progressive scaffolding of skills for building confidence and a strong visual memory of capital letters.
If you are using a Google Classroom with your students or Teletherapy clients, these interactive slides will allow your students to make choices using engaging capital formation activities without paper. Slides might not function on Chromebooks. Students can use a touchscreen, trackpad, or mouse to move interactive elements. Slides might not function on Chromebooks.
If your student is using an iPad then it is best to share this resource via Google Slides. When shared in either PowerPoint or Google Slides this resource is used in the edit mode, not the play mode.
- Page 3 Screen Sharing Directions for Zoom
- Pages 4-6 A: Introduction to Line Names; Drag and Drop of Lines and Curves
- Pages 7-16 B: Matching Lines & Curves to Construct Letters
- Pages 17-26 C: Constructing Letters When Given a Small Size Model
- Pages 27-36 D: Constructing Letters When Given a Lowercase Model
- Pages 37-51 E: Constructing Letters From Visual Memory
- Pages 52-56 F: Placing Go-dots When Given a Model
- Pages 57-61 G: Placing Go-dots Without a Model
Watch a Video of the Activity in Action
More Resources Created by school-based OT, Thia Triggs: