Created by: Thia Triggs, MEPD, OTR/L
Delivery electronically immediately following payment.
Are your assessment tools and data tracking systems adequate to describe the breadth and depth of fine motor skills that you want to address in therapy? Occupational Therapy Fine Motor Baselines can be used as a survey tool and a progress monitor tool.
Occupational Therapy Fine Motor Baselines is appropriate for use with preschool-age students (ages 3-5) and older children with atypical development.
This tool will help a licensed Occupational Therapist use appropriate developmental prompts, and efficiently document observations. Occupational Therapy Fine Motor Baselines can help the therapist document the level of assistance given for a child to accomplish tasks or measure the percentage of mastery. It will help the therapist prioritize treatment objectives and document growth. The Fine Motor Baselines cannot be used to provide age-referenced norms for an assessment.
The Occupational Therapy Fine Motor Baselines Ages 3-5 download includes:
- Observation prompts for the wide variety of fine motor skills seen with typically developing 3- to 5-year-old children.
- Data collection for pinch, pencil grasp, finger isolation, hand dominance, visual motor, motor control, visual perceptual and bilateral skills.
- Research-based pencil grasp categories with picture descriptions and age norms.
- Parent & Teacher handout with tips to promote pencil grasp development.
- Cue cards for finger isolation, visual motor, visual perception, and motor control data collection.
- Fun activities to measure and document a percentage of expressed hand dominance and the ability to cross the midline.
- Visual Supports and schedule board to fully engage children who have poor communication skills, are anxious, or who are reluctant in an evaluation setting.
- Color-coded materials for fast and efficient data collection.
- This 2018 revision includes 12 new pages.
************* Customer Feedback *****************
✮ Great resource! Quick, easy and everything I need for quarterly assessments. Thank you!
✮ Very helpful for collecting data, identifying needs.
✮ Thank you for this wonderful resource. It has made my life so much easier than trying to do it myself. Great for my student’s portfolios.
✮ Great reference for OT students who are learning more about pediatric practice!
✮ This is great!!! I have a meeting where I have to show how my student is doing with fine motor and this is perfect. I would have been lost without it!
✮ Informative and helpful.
✮ This is a very thorough, professional resource.
✮ A great resource for tracking progress.
✮ Superb! Very very helpful!
✮ This clinical observation resource is very well organized and easy to apply. Very useful in my practice.