Occupational Therapy – Fine Motor Baselines Ages 3-5 Digital Download (14 page PDF document)
Created by: Thia Triggs, School Based Occupational Therapist
Details: Are your assessment tools and data tracking systems adequate to describe the breadth and depth of fine motor skills that you want to address in therapy? Occupational Therapy Fine Motor Baselines can be used as a survey tool and a progress monitor tool. Occupational Therapy Fine Motor Baselines is appropriate for use with preschool-age students (ages 3-5) and older children with atypical development. This tool will help a licensed Occupational Therapist use appropriate developmental prompts, and efficiently document observations. Occupational Therapy Fine Motor Baselines can help the therapist document the level of assist given for a child to accomplish tasks or measure the percentage of mastery. It will help the therapist prioritize treatment objectives and document growth. The Fine Motor Baselines cannot be used to provide age-referenced norms for an assessment.
The Occupational Therapy Fine Motor Baselines Ages 3-5 download includes:
- Observation prompts for the wide variety of fine motor skills seen with typically developing 3- to 5-year-old children.
- Data collection for pinch, pencil grasp, finger isolation, hand dominance, visual motor, motor control, visual perceptual and bilateral skills.
- Research-based pencil grasp categories with picture descriptions and age norms.
- Parent & Teacher handout with tips to promote pencil grasp development.
- Cue cards for finger isolation, visual-motor and motor-control data collection.
- Fun activities to measure and document a percentage of expressed hand dominance and the ability to cross the midline.