Are you looking for an engaging and effective method to teach lowercase letter formations? If you have students who love dinosaurs and need to work on their handwriting, then Dino-mite Handwriting is for you. A to Z dinosaur handwriting includes science-based descriptions and fun formation graphics to pique the interest of both reluctant and sophisticated learners.
Learning to print is as important now as ever. We teach handwriting not just for legibility but because it has been repeatedly shown by research to be the foundation skill not only for written language production but also for reading. Effective handwriting instruction involves more than providing dashed-line, alphabetical-order worksheets to your students. Created by school-based Occupational Therapist, Thia Triggs, Dino-mite Handwriting will give you the tools you need to effectively teach printing skills!
Details on Dinosaur Handwriting – Dino-Mite Handwriting digital download
62 page PDF digital document delivered electronically immediately following payment. Most of the pages are in black and white for economical printing.
Information about the Dino-Mite Handwriting Packet
Upgrade your printing instruction to include research-based best-practices with this Occupational Therapist-designed practice book and teachers guide.
Dino-mite Handwriting includes a Teacher’s Guide and 46 page PDF practice book that provides:
- handwriting instruction.
- initial sounds.
- alphabetical awareness.
- upper and lowercase letter identification.
- motor control practice for kindergarten or beginning first grade.
Letters are grouped and sequenced so that children use skills they already have to learn new letters. Letters are reviewed at the end of each of the 5 units with increasing difficulty to allow you to easily differentiate for learners at different levels. Each letter is taught on its own page. If your school’s curriculum demands, you can use the second a to z ordered file.
DOWNLOAD FREE SAMPLE PAGE FROM DINO-MITE HANDWRITING
Follows Best-Practices for handwriting instruction
- Path of movement language (words to describe movement as children write letters) is included on every page. Thus, this product is ideal for non-teachers to support instruction.
- Go-dots are provided and gradually phased out on review sheets so that children gain independence with starting letters at their tops.
- Optional multi-sensory instruction methods are provided in the teacher’s guide.
- Letters are grouped by formation, but unlike the other Lowercase At Last resources, Dino-mite Handwriting teaches only one letter per page. This allows you to alter the instruction order or use only the pages that are needed.
Teacher’s Guide for Dinosaur Handwriting
Allows you insight into research-based findings to improve your effectiveness in teaching children to form and use the most efficient lowercase letter formations:
➺ Quick Users Guide.
➺ Songs to teach concepts: 1. Starting at top; 2. Pencil grasp; 3. Tall/short/tail letters.
➺ Eight Best Practices for Explicit Instruction of Handwriting.
➺ Effective Use of Feedback when Teaching Handwriting.
➺ Lowercase Path of Movement Language – one-page teacher reference sheet.
➺ Philosophy, Reasoning, and Handwriting Research.
➺ Common Core State Standards: Skills addressed in Dino-mite Handwriting!
➺ Table of Contents for both the Teachers Guide and the Workbook.
Check out more handwriting resources created by Thia Triggs, OTR:
Handwriting Bundle – HWT Style Font
Multisensory Number Writing Bundle