There are many benefits to children working on a vertical surface: wrist extension, shoulder strengthening, eye-hand coordination, and a more upright posture. When children work on a vertical surface with a BIG picture, you get even more benefits – crossing midline, bilateral coordination, and core strengthening. The Calming Coloring Mural can be hung on the wall for children to work on a large vertical surface.
Details about the Calming Coloring Mural:
16 page PDF digital document delivered electronically immediately following payment
Print and create the Calming Coloring Mural in 3 different sizes:
- 11″ by 8.5″ regular size landscape paper: each child can color a page and hang it up.
- 4 page mural approximately 22″ by 17″ when printed and taped together.
- 9 page mural approximately 33″ by 25.5″ when printed and taped together.
Suggested use for the Calming Coloring Mural:
- Hang up in a calming corner or quiet zone for students to color and relax.
- Put in the therapy room to encourage muscle strengthening and postural control when coloring standing up or in tall kneeling.
- Hang in the hallway to encourage collaboration with students to complete the mural.
- Use for character education to remind children to love, be kind, stay calm, smile, be happy, learn and grow!
Clipart by blackberry jelly used under a Shutterstock license.
Looking for more coloring and calming ideas?