Lowercase at Last Book 1 Explicit Instruction Handwriting without Tears Style Font
This digital document was created by school-based Occupational Therapist, Thia Triggs. Lowercase at Last Book 1 Explicit Instruction Handwriting without Tears Style Font provides handwriting instruction, initial sounds, and phonetic word practice for kindergarten or beginning first grade. Upgrade your printing instruction to include research-based best-practices with this Occupational Therapist designed practice book and teacher’s guide. Letters are grouped and sequenced so that children use skills they already have to learn new letters. Provide integrated practice for initial sounds and CVC word writing. Each letter grouping gives you three pages so that you can provide adequate instruction and practice before moving onto the next letters. Letters are reviewed at the end of each of the 5 units – the perfect time for progress monitoring. Effective handwriting instruction involves more than providing dashed-line alphabetical-order worksheets to your students!
Lowercase at Last Book 1 Explicit Instruction Handwriting without Tears Style Font will be delivered electronically immediately following payment and includes:
• 54 practice pages, 5 Sequential Units.
• Single-stroke formations, most similar to *Handwriting Without Tears
• Path of movement language used to teach and help your children recall letter formations.
• Pages structured to support single stroke formations, which start at their top.
• Gray boxes and go dots serve to help children learn correct motor memory.
• Picture cues serve to use formation practice to reinforce letter sounds.
• CVC word practice, including previously learned letters.
• Multisensory instruction using whole group participation, movement learning, and three songs.
• Letters are specifically sequenced and grouped to help children use skills they already have to learn new letters.
• Group review of letter formations lets you easily see the level of independence for progress monitoring.
• Path of movement language on each instruction worksheet for ease of instruction.
• Group names assist in memory of formations.
• Effective teacher feedback supported by Gray-boxes, Go-dots, and stop sign.
• Culturally inclusive images.
• Illustrations provide phonics and reading connections.
Teachers Guide: 13 pages
• Workbook Table of Contents
• Quick Users Guide
• Eight Best-Practices for Explicit Instruction of Handwriting
• Effective use of Feedback when Teaching Handwriting
• Lowercase Path of Movement Language
• Songs to teach concepts: 1. Starting at top; 2. Pencil grasp; 3. Tall/short/tail letters
• Philosophy, Reasoning, and Handwriting Research
• Common Core State Standards: Skills addressed in Lowercase At Last!
Lowercase at Last Book 1 uses its own font that more closely resembles Handwriting Without Tears than Zaner-Bloser or D’Nealian. Letters have a vertical alignment, they do not push off the writing line, and it is visually evident that most lowercase letters are made with single strokes. Lowercase at Last Book 1 has its own distinct curriculum with scope, sequence, visual cues, verbal path of movement language, and multisensory methods.
This product must be printed directly from your downloaded PDF. If you make copies on a copy machine, the gray scale will be compromised, and many features will be lost.
Get discount pricing when you order the Handwriting MegaBundle (which includes Lowercase at Last Book 1 packet) created by Thia Triggs, OTR.