Write the Room Healthy Foods
Write the Room Healthy Foods digital download includes 40 healthy food picture word cards from the 5 food groups along with differentiated recording sheets to support various levels of handwriting skills. The download is divided into 4 sections: vegetables, fruits, grains and protein/dairy. Each section has 10 picture words cards to hang up around the classroom, home or outdoors. Give each child a clipboard with the recording sheet. The child walks around the room to find the 10 healthy food picture word cards, read the words and write them in the correct location.
The handwriting recording sheets are provided with 4 different options: a highlighted section with dotted lines and additional picture cues, dotted lines with additional picture cues, dotted line, and a single line. See sample picture for examples.
Write the Room Healthy Foods is a 34 page PDF document that will be available electronically immediately following payment.
1. Print and cut out the 10 picture word cards for each food group: vegetables, fruits, grains and protein/dairy.
2. Hang the word cards around the room or outdoors. You may want to do one food group at a time.
3. Provide the children with a recording sheet depending upon handwriting ability.
4. Children walk around the room writing down the words on the correct line using the recording sheet.
Benefits of Write the Room Healthy Foods
- expose and encourage children to make healthy food choices
- incorporate movement and learning
- increase physical activity
Additional resources regarding healthy food choices: