Flexible Seating Ideas – Free Visuals!
Do you suggest or use alternative seating to keep children alert and focused in the classroom? Here are 20 FREE flexible seating ideas picture word cards for alternative seating in your classroom.
Scroll down to download your 20 alternative seating picture word cards for free.
These visuals are an excellent compliment to:
Wiggle Worms: A Guide to Alternative Seating for the Classroom digital download which includes all of the resources you need to begin implementing alternative seating strategies in a classroom. Find out more information.
List of Flexible Seating Ideas
The free visual images include the following alternative seating picture word cards:
- bean bag
- exercise ball
- exercise ball with feet
- crate with cushion
- scoop seat
- lap desk
- air disc
- sit on bean bag
- sit on crate
- sit on air disc
- sit on ball
- sit on stool
- work on floor
- sit on balls at table
- sit on stools at table
- stand up
- stand up on balance board
- sit on floor
- sit on crates at table
More Resources to Help Students Succeed in the Classroom
Cut and Paste Sensory Diet includes 2 sensory diet books, one for home and one for school and over 150 picture word cards to reinforce sensory diets at home and at school. Find out more information.
Download Your FREE Flexible Seating Ideas Visual Support Here
Thank you for your interest. Sign up to receive the weekly email newsletter and other announcements from Your Therapy Source. You will be redirected to the freebie. If you can not see the sign up box, click on the blue box in the lower right hand corner for help.
Read more On Alternative or Flexible Seating
ALTERNATIVE CLASSROOM SEATING FOR CHILDREN WITH AUTISM
STABILITY BALLS IN THE CLASSROOM – DO THEY REALLY HELP STUDENTS?
Do You Need Alternative Seating Resources?
Wiggle Worms: A Guide to Alternative Seating for the Classroom digital download includes all of the resources you need to begin implementing alternative seating strategies in a classroom. Written by Lauren Drobnjak, PT and Claire Heffron, OT, this 20 page PDF document can help you get started right away.
Wiggle Worms: A Guide to Alternative Seating for the Classroom offers:
- The Benefits of Alternative Seating – Learn about why kids fidget and about the many benefits of using alternative seating in the classroom. From sensory implications to motor benefits and more, inside the guide you’ll find lots of information to support alternative seating options.
- Seating Options and Descriptions – Familiarize yourself with some of the seating options that are available for use in the classroom and read about the specific benefits of each so you can find the best fit for each child.
- Tips for Introducing Alternative Seating – Implementing an alternative seating strategy requires thinking and planning ahead. This guide walks you through: the steps of introducing new seating options so they can be used effectively and responsibly by students, ensuring appropriate sizing of alternative seating options, encouraging functional posture at school and securing funding for new seating options.
- Printable Materials – Inside the guide you’ll also find several printable resources including: an alternative seating contract, a letter to parents about alternative seating, rules regarding alternative seating options, page for students to use to identify which type of seating is a fit for how they’re feeling and movement break cards for the classroom.
- Download a sample page on Choosing the Right Alternative Seating Option
Clip art by https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Educlips