Smiley Face Craft Activity
Here is a FUN smiley face craft activity that will challenge children’s abilities to follow directions, fold, and cut paper all on one single page! You can download it for free in color AND black and white at the bottom of the post.
This activity is from the complete Kirigami for Kids Cut and Fold packet. Kirigami is Japanese and it stands for “to cut paper”. Kirigami is similar to origami but you fold and cut the paper. There are 5 different types of projects to complete with varying degrees of difficulty. Step by step directions with photos are also included for the children to follow. Find out more here.
How Does the Smiley Face Craft Activity Printable Work?
All you need to do are these three steps:
- Sign up to download the freebie at the bottom of the post.
- Download and print the smile face circle. You will need scissors for this activity and crayons if using the black and white version.
- Follow the directions on the activity sheet to cut, fold and cut out the smiley faces!
When Is A Good Time to Use This Activity?
Students can use this smiley face craft free printable for:
- indoor recess
- anytime they unplug
- occupational therapy session activity
- carry over activity for at home
- fine motor station
What Skills Does this Activity Work On?
Children are working on the following skills with this free printable:
- fine motor
- visual motor
- scissor skills
- following step by step directions
All of these skills are necessary for students to succeed in the classroom!
Need More Fun Scissor Skill Activity Ideas?
Download Your FREE Smiley Face Craft Activity Printable Here
Thank you for your interest. Sign up to receive the weekly email newsletter and other announcements from Your Therapy Source. You will be redirected to the freebie. If you can not see the sign up box, click on the blue box in the lower right hand corner for help.