Pushing Into the Classroom: Practical Strategies for Pediatric Therapists – Webinar
Are you interested in providing push-in therapy services, but feeling overwhelmed and don’t know where to start? Are you tired of feeling awkward and uncomfortable when you try to offer services in the classroom setting? Claire Heffron and Lauren Drobnjak, practicing pediatric occupational and physical therapists, present this 4-hour prerecorded Pushing Into the Classroom: Practical Strategies for Pediatric Therapists webinar for school-based therapists.
Highlights of Pushing into the Classroom: Practical Strategies for Pediatric Therapists
- Overview of all of the basics about push-in/integrative/contextual therapy services.
- Learn the “why” behind integrative services. What are the benefits and challenges? What does the research say?
- Learn how to build relationships with teachers to support your push-in therapy practice.
- Ease the feeling of awkwardness and feel more confident and effective when providing services in the classroom and other inclusive settings during the school day.
- Show up ready for your push-in therapy session with new ideas, plans, strategies, and an action plan.
- The webinar is broken down into manageable sections.
- You can watch the course wherever and whenever it’s convenient for you.
- It never expires! Take your time and work through the material at your own pace.
- The course covers the background and research on this topic, but the bulk of the content focuses on practical, actionable ideas and strategies you can start using today!
The webinar also comes with a 5-page Push-in Therapy Action Plan – your roadmap to get started with push-in therapy services!
Instructions for Accessing the Course
When you complete your order, all the information (download the course materials, a link to the course videos and the password to view the videos) will be delivered electronically immediately following payment so you can access the course right away.
Tip: Open and download the course materials on a computer rather than a mobile device and then share to your devices from there.
The on-demand webinar is four hours long and fulfills the following continuing education criteria:
Approved by: Ohio Physical Therapy Association and Ohio Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Athletic Trainers Board – Occupational Therapy Section.
When the webinar has ended, complete the posttest. The CEU certificate will be issued to you within 3 days of completing the test.
Check out more titles written by Claire Heffron OTR/L and Lauren Drobnjak PT:
The Core Strengthening Handbook – This download includes 50+ activities including: Quick and Easy Core Strengthening Activities for Kids, Core Strengthening Exercises With Equipment and Core Strengthening Play Ideas.
The Hand Strengthening Handbook – digital download is a collection of more than 100 fun and playful hand strengthening ideas right at your fingertips in one easy-to-read printable resource.
The Core Strengthening Exercise Program – digital download includes exercises to help make core strengthening fun and entertaining for kids while promoting carryover in the classroom and at home!
Wiggle Worms: A Guide to Alternative Seating for the Classroom digital download includes all of the resources you need to begin implementing alternative seating strategies in a classroom.
The Infant and Toddler Handbook is a 30-page downloadable ebook packed with reader-friendly information about the developmental motor milestones you can expect in kids ages 0 through 5. The second half of the book is full of development-boosting fine motor, gross motor, and sensory activities divided by age range so you can find exactly what you’re looking for depending on the ages of the kids in your therapy practice, classroom, or home.