What makes you shine bright? This Rainbow Mindfulness and Movement Activity will walk your students through a peaceful journey on their colorful strengths while practicing motor skills and handwriting. Encourage a growth mindset and teach new relaxation and calming skills to add to your students tool kit.
The 18 page PDF digital document will be available electronically immediately following payment.
What Does the Rainbow Mindfulness and Movement Activity Include?
It includes the following:
- one poster page – You Make the World More Colorful
- Stormy Rainbow Movement Story – get your students heart rate up to get their bodies ready to learn
- Rainbow Breathing – learn the calming rainbow breath
- Rainbow Yoga Sequence – move through seven poses
- Be a Healthy Rainbow – learn and practice healthy posture
- Be a Confident Rainbow – self-reflection about strengths and learning the movements to the poem
- Confident Rainbow Poem Poster Page
- Rainbow Write Your Color Strengths
- Rainbow Goal Setting
- Rainbow Finger Labyrinth – calming and focus tool
- Rainbow Positive Thoughts
- I Shine Bright, I Am… – colorful word bank for positive traits
- Positive Rainbow Thinking – single lined and double lined
- Rainbow Relaxation
- Coloring Page
- Explain to the students that you are going to participate in a movement and mindfulness activity about your colorful rainbow strengths. The room or outdoor space should be peaceful and quiet.
- Choose the activities that you would like the student to complete. There are movement activities, mindfulness activities, self-reflection, goal setting and more!
- 3. There is a bonus coloring page at the end!
Want to Use this Rainbow Mindfulness and Movement Activity for Distance Learning?
You could screen share the activities, poems and word bank. The students can use their own paper at home to record their strengths.
What Skills Does This Activity Address?
The Rainbow Mindfulness and Movement Activity works on the following skills:
- growth mindset
- deep breathing
- gross motor skills
- handwriting practice
- focus and attention span
- identifying emotions
More Resources for Emotional Regulation and Self-Calming: